Mastering critical thinking and problem-solving skills can help you make better decisions or recommendations – an essential competency in today’s knowledge workplaces. Critical thinking helps you to examine and improve thought processes, ask the right questions, challenge assumptions and consider varying viewpoints. Effective problem solving helps you to properly identify and systematically work through a problem in a comprehensive manner, ensuring clarity when it comes time to make decisions or recommendations.
This course will demonstrate how critical thinking, problem solving and decision-making work optimally together, and will provide hands-on practice with tools that you can apply to your everyday workday tasks, big or small. At the end of this two-day training program, participants will be able to:
- Define critical thinking and identify your critical thinking styles
- Work through the critical thinking process to build, analyze and evaluate varying viewpoints
- Improve key critical thinking skills, including active listening and questioning
- Analyze context and information to clearly understand and identify a problem
- Apply problem solving steps and tools
- Identify appropriate solutions using specific approaches
- Select the best technique for making decisions
- Avoid common decision-making mistakes
- Definition and differences between these terms – problem, change, planned change, symptoms, deviation from norm or standard operating procedure
- Sources from which symptom(s) of potential problem(s) may be identified What is Critical Thinking
- Characteristics of Critical Thinkers
- Developing Your Critical Thinking Skills
- Barriers to Critical Thinking
- Self-evaluation on Critical Thinking
- Facts and Perceptions
- How to Make an Effective Decision
- Models and Process of Decision Making
- Relevant tools for effective decision making
- Practice a technique for weighing advantages and disadvantages of a decision
Who should Attend?
This training program is specially designed for high performing Supervisors, Team Leaders , Managers, Director, CEO, and Business Owners who have to deal with problems, solve problems and make decisions in their daily work.
Specialties: Psychology, Counselling Skills, Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills, Research Development and Implementation, Program Monitoring and Evaluation.
- USD 200 (Registration makes before 16 January 2021)
- USD 225 (Registration makes before 20 January 2021)
- USD 250 (Normal Fee)
The course fees are inclusive of course materials, handouts, meals, refreshments, and certificates of completion but do exclude 10% of VAT amount.